Products found to contain undeclared medicines
|Canada: Foreign Product Alert: DHZC-2 Tablet, JC Gold, Kopi Jantan Tradisional Natural Herbs Coffee, Love4Long, Natural Eruption, One More Knight 1750, Snake Powder Capsules, Tu Cho Pan Chi Pain were found to contain undeclared medicines
|Health Canada announced that the following foreign health products have been found by regulators in other countries to contain undeclared drug ingredients or heavy metals. The products are not authorized for sale in Canada and have not been found in the Canadian marketplace but it is possible they may have been brought into the country by travellers or purchased over the Internet.
The unauthorized health products were found to contain the following undeclared ingredients:
1) Unauthorized Sexual Enhancement Products
• One More Knight 1750: undeclared tadalafil and dapoxetine
• Love4Long: undeclared sildenafil
2) Unauthorized Weight Loss Products
• Natural Eruption: undeclared sibutramine
3) Other Unauthorized Products
• Kopi Jantan Tradisional Natural Herbs Coffee: undeclared desmethyl carbodenafil
• DHZC-2 Tablet: elevated levels of lead
• Snake Powder Capsules: undeclared dexamethasone, chloramphenicol, chlorpheniramine, ibuprofen, and tetracycline
• JC Gold: undeclared dexamethasone, dexchlorpheniramine, and frusemide (furosemide)
• Tu Cho Pan Chi Pain: undeclared dexamethasone, chlorpheniramine, and frusemide (furosemide)
Consumers are advised to consult a healthcare professional if they have health concerns related to the use of any of these products.
Please refer to the following website in Health Canada for details:
In Hong Kong, the above products are not registered pharmaceutical products. Related news was previously issued by the US FDA and Singapore HSA, and was posted on the Drug Office website on 13 August, 17 August, 31 August and 2 September 2016.
Ends/ Thursday, November 03, 2016
Issued at HKT 13:00